For the second week in a row, I properly executed another “let’s see what’s in our fridge” dinner. I guess I’m on a roll after last week’s quinoa recipe, because this week’s salad was fantastic. We started with sirloin steak tips that I had previously marinated and skewered for a family party on the roof and I was glad that I had thought to freeze a portion of them for later consumption. Last night we reaped the rewards, all I had to do was defrost them and fire up the grill. The sun made a rare appearance late this afternoon, so David and I enjoyed a nice dinner on the roof with a cocktail (or two). I hope this inspires you to find a healthy and fun salad in your own fridge (and freezer).
Serves 4 as a main course
- 8 cups Spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 English Cucumber, shaved thin on a mandolin
- 1 Large Shallot, shaved thin on a mandolin
- 1 Large Mango, cubed
- 1 1/2 lbs Sirloin Steak Tips, marinated
- 1 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar, to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to taste
In four individual serving size bowls, layer the spinach, cucumber, shallot, mango, steak and feta cheese. Add the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.